Welcome to Elkton Middle School
Elkton Middle School is located on US Route 33 East in Rockingham County in Elkton, Virginia. Our enrollment for 6th, 7th, and 8th grades is almost 500 students. EMS offers its students a well-rounded curriculum and a wide array of extra-curricular choices. We invite you to join us!
Dates to Remember
Please refer to our News & Events section and our EMS Parent Calendar for more information.
08/19: PTA Back to School Teacher Luncheon
08/20: 1st Day of School - ODD Day
09/10: School Picture Day
09/18: Hearing & Vision Screenings
09/20: 1:00 Dismissal for Students
The EMS PTA is hosting a luncheon on Monday, August 19th for your faculty & staff.
They need everyone’s help to make this a great event! Everyone at EMS looks forward to our Back to School lunch and truly appreciates the effort you all put out on our behalf!
Please sign up with your contribution today!!
Click below for 2019-2020 School Supply Lists:
Emily Holloway, Principal
Paul DeLaGarza, Assistant Principal
Elkton Middle School
21063 Blue & Gold Drive
Elkton, VA 22827
Phone (540) 298-1228
Fax (540) 298-0029
Additional EMS activities may be found at facebook.com/ElktonMiddle
SCHOOL REGISTRATION INFORMATION:
New to EMS Attendance Area??
This Registration Information is for YOU!!!
If you have any questions after reading the following information, please contact the school counselor for your student.
- Emily Casdorph: 8th grade, 6th grade last names M-Z
- Courtney Horne: 7th grade, 6th grade last names A-L (before August 9th, please contact Emily Casdorph)
New students to Elkton Middle School will register online for the 2019-2020 school year. You may register online after July 1st. Please follow the instructions below:
- Go to www.rockingham.k12.va.us
- Click on “Parents & Students”
- Click on “2019-2020 Online Registration”
- Click on “I’m New Here” and create an account
In addition to registering online, we will need the following documents:
- Proof of residency in the parent or guardian’s name (a copy of lease/deed, utility bill or receipt of utility deposit, rent receipt). We are not able to accept a driver’s license as a proof of residency.
- Immunization record (proof of immunizations is required before a student may be enrolled. Students entering grade 7 or higher must have proof that they received their tdap shot).
- Original birth certificate (Parents/Guardians must present the original or a certified copy of the student’s birth certificate. For more information about obtaining a certified birth certificate, visit the following website: http://www.vdh.virginia.gov/vital-records/).
- Pick up an enrollment folder from Elkton Middle School and complete the forms in the packet. These forms are in addition to online registration. Please complete these forms and return them with the required documents noted above.
Please contact Sherrie Holloway with any web page concerns or suggestions. Thank you!!